Basic SEO Techniques Strood :
A few basic SEO techniques:
- Be sure you don’t have metaframes preventing your page from being crawled. Many Strood webmasters use metaframes to prevent rogue bots from crawling their page and don’t realize that these metaframes will also prevent search bots from crawling their pages!
Be Aware of User Experience
Things to consider when selecting keywords:
Where to Put Keywords:
- In the Title: as close to the beginning as you can put it
- At the Top of the Page
- Several times throughout the body of the page
- At least once in the ALT text
- In the URL
- In the Summary or Meta description tag
Optimizing Title Tags:
- Keywords should be placed near the beginning of the title
- Consider putting your brandname at the end of the title
- Don’t sacrifice readability and emotional impact for keyword optimization
- Keep them short
- Be sure your reader has an idea of what he will find on the page when reads the URL
- Use plain text links
- Use hyphens to separate words
- Use keywords
How Links to your Page Effect your SEO
- Are many sites on similar topics linking to your site?
- Are the ranking sites for your keywords linking to your site?
- Are you getting links from trusted sources?
- Have you been accruing new links?
- Is your page being shared on social media?
Search Engine Webmaster SEO advice
SEO advice from the major search engine webmasters includes:
- Create content filled with relevant keywords.
Check for Errors
To check for crawl errors see Google’s Webmaster Tools.
17 Essential SEO Strategies for E-Commerce Sites
A company blog can be a valuable asset, if done the right way. Not only does it provide more online content to increase search engine optimization, it provides fodder for your social media campaigns and can position your brand as an industry expert and resource. But readers won't just magically materialize. That's according to Gene Richardson, COO of Experts Exchange, an online community of 500,000 IT professionals where they can get online tech assistance from each other, hire freelancers and take online courses. Here are his words about how to be intentional with your blog strategy.
1. Use your community to source content.
Do you have an engaged, interactive community? Capitalize on this by sourcing user-generated content for your site. Foster relationships with your most engaged visitors, members, and consumers to encourage them to develop content, feature them in member or consumer spotlights, and use them as a sounding board to gauge what content is and isn't enticing readers. Involve your community in your content to make them feel even more invested in your brand or product, positioning your blog as a great place of reference for further information on the who, what, when, where, and why of your industry.
2. Give your company experts a voice.
Utilize the people on staff whose opinions matter to your audience. Don't just reference them in press or gated content. Move their voice into the company blog to make them an accessible reference.
3. Prioritize quality over quantity.
It's great if you can produce one blog post per day, but make sure to track whether or not those daily posts are receiving any traffic. Don't publish content for its own sake. Quality content that provides obvious and immediate value--not only to your target audience but to other consumers--will pay off in the long run.
4. Encourage engagement through targeted campaigns.
Drive traffic to your blog through social engagement tactics, such as polls, Q&As, and consumer interaction prompts. Ask readers to submit success stories, product reviews, or insights into best practices. People love the opportunity to be heard, so hear them out and give them a platform.
For this to be successful, you first need to understand where your audience lives online. Attempt social pushes through channels where your consumer base isn't engaged online and you'll see no improvement in traffic. These channels are also a great place for sourcing content if you don't have a community of your own.
5. Participate in a guest blog exchange.
Do you have a great rapport with an industry partner who has different or higher blog traffic than you? Establish a plan to provide them with a current, quality blog post on a relevant industry topic in exchange for them to post on your site. This exchange will mix up the authored content and subject matter on your blog to entice your readers to check out content by a well-known source, and your content on their blog will diversify your exposure and result in an influx of traffic.
10 Simple Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
Currently, SEO web design is the most promoted product for the online businesses to achieve their sales targets. Yes, fetching a good traffic from Google or other search leading engines is being possible with SEO campaigns. On-page optimization, off-page optimization, and technical factors are the three prime elements of bringing SEO success for a website. So, the need of SEO friendly programming language can be fulfilled with PHP. For a better search engine visibility of the web pages, the web developers should follow the following tips while developing a SE friendly website.
• Clean URL structure:
Dynamic URLs and season IDs in URL are not good so the developer need to use a unique PHPSESSID variable. If the season IDs will be included in URLs so, the search engines will treat a single page with different season IDs as different pages. It leads to duplicate content which is punishable by search engines.
Use keyword rich permalinks with url_rewriter tags, which makes the URLs friendly for both search engines and visitors. Also decrease the use of special characters other than the hyphen (-) symbol.
• Avoid canonical errors:
Search engines treat www and non-www sites differently if also they contain the same content. Duplicate content issue may arise, so use 301 redirection. In this concern the PHP developers need to spend more time on the homepage as the site.com/index.php will be treated as different to site.com.
• Putting right heading and bold tags:
Optimizing the website for search engines in the development period carries a lot of responsibilities and adds more tasks for the web developers. Creating a dynamic header (header.php) and using unique values for Meta of singular web pages is a must do act for designing an SEO website. So, at the time of coding, using of page-specific PHP variables get’s the work done. $pageTitle, $pageDescription, $pageCanonical, $pageKeywords, $pageRobots, etc are the significant SEO stuffs for On-page optimization of a PHP website. Also, using H1, H2, H3 and <strong> attributes in a webpage improves it’s indexing possibility.
• Cross browser issues:
In this mobile web age, we can’t rely upon the desktop users only as the growth rate of internet on mobile browsers created a milestone in the last few years. SEO is now promoting user experience and the cross browser compatibility will surely impress both visitors and the search engines. Coding a responsive or mobile friendly website using PHP language is not a hard task for the experienced web developers.
• Navigation and links:
Both of these are vital in bringing SEO success for a website. It is proved that the Google and others like easy to navigate websites. So, use texts based navigation as well as try to have breadcrumbs which provide more flexibility for a user for browsing the site effortlessly. Links, both inbound and outbound, carry the scores of getting good link juice. Using diverse and relevant anchor texts for hyperlinks and declaring rel=nofollow/dofollow attributes is advised.
Advantages of PHP (compared to ASP):
- The accessories or software required for a functional web server for PHP websites, i.e. Linux OS, Apache server, MySQL server, and PHP can be installed or upgraded at free of cost with no restriction. But the MS Windows Server and MS SQL Server (used for ASP) licenses need to be purchased which proves PHP is cost effective.
- ASP.net holds about double time for coding or deployment than PHP so, choosing PHP is wise for the busy web developers concerning time.
- Talking about support, as an open source platform, PHP (with LAMP - (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) has a lot of resources and support options.
- According to most of the research data sources, the communication between PHP and MySQL is a little bit faster than ASP.net and MSSQL. Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc like some high traffic websites are using MySQL so there is no doubt about the performance of PHP’s preferred database management system i.e. MySQL (by Oracle).
- The ext4 file system of Linux OS (supports PHP) has a better performance record than MS Windows OS’s NTFS (used for ASP) during Input/output (IO) process.
- The Linux web servers with LAMP platform use comparatively fewer server resources, i.e. CPU and Memory.
- PHP is supported on any OS platforms like Linux, Mac (Mac OS X), UNIX and Windows also. But ASP is limited to only with MS Windows OS.